The NFC Experience at the GSMA's Mobile World Congress will be expanded in 2014, allowing NFC phones to be used for venue access, catering and networking as well as "demonstrations of the latest NFC and products and services in applications including retail, online commerce and transport." NFC badges stored on phones will again be used for quick access to the Fira Gran Via venue and, for the first time, to allow entry to the conference facilities in Hall 4.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR