STMicroelectronics has introduced the ST33G1M2, a secure microcontroller that can be used as an NFC secure element, either embedded into a mobile device or integrated into a SIM. “With its unique combination of support for NFC UICC and eSE applications and the entire Mifare portfolio, plus enhanced connectivity and large on-chip flash memory, this device dramatically extends opportunities for issuers to manage secure access to multiple services using the same card,” says ST’s Laurent Degauque.
- FlexStr8 brings NFC tracking to hazardous chemicals
- Ola Cabs to apply for mobile wallet licence
- Samsung Pay to start second beta testing round
- China moves to open up mobile payments services
- 25% of world’s population to use mobile banking in four years