STMicroelectronics has introduced the ST33G1M2, a secure microcontroller that can be used as an NFC secure element, either embedded into a mobile device or integrated into a SIM. “With its unique combination of support for NFC UICC and eSE applications and the entire Mifare portfolio, plus enhanced connectivity and large on-chip flash memory, this device dramatically extends opportunities for issuers to manage secure access to multiple services using the same card,” says ST’s Laurent Degauque.
- Samsung Pay offers $100 discount to new users
- Apple Pay signs deal with China UnionPay?
- Google boosts Android Pay adoption with $1m charity fund
- BNP Paribas tests NFC screen shopping
- Three launches NFC mobile payments in Austria