STMicroelectronics has introduced the ST33G1M2, a secure microcontroller that can be used as an NFC secure element, either embedded into a mobile device or integrated into a SIM. “With its unique combination of support for NFC UICC and eSE applications and the entire Mifare portfolio, plus enhanced connectivity and large on-chip flash memory, this device dramatically extends opportunities for issuers to manage secure access to multiple services using the same card,” says ST’s Laurent Degauque.
- Spanish airline lets customers tap to add contactless card to app
- Gmail sends money in the UK
- Vinci Park introduces NFC car parking tickets
- NFC pioneer Proxama cuts jobs ahead of trading update
- NXP sues Marvell over Xbox NFC chips