STMicroelectronics has introduced the ST33G1M2, a secure microcontroller that can be used as an NFC secure element, either embedded into a mobile device or integrated into a SIM. “With its unique combination of support for NFC UICC and eSE applications and the entire Mifare portfolio, plus enhanced connectivity and large on-chip flash memory, this device dramatically extends opportunities for issuers to manage secure access to multiple services using the same card,” says ST’s Laurent Degauque.
- iPad to get Apple Pay support?
- eBay to spin off PayPal as a separate company in 2015
- Dartmouth researchers develop continuous authentication service based on smart wristbands
- InMarket reports on attitudes to beacon messages
- John Lewis invests in BLE