STMicroelectronics has introduced the ST33G1M2, a secure microcontroller that can be used as an NFC secure element, either embedded into a mobile device or integrated into a SIM. “With its unique combination of support for NFC UICC and eSE applications and the entire Mifare portfolio, plus enhanced connectivity and large on-chip flash memory, this device dramatically extends opportunities for issuers to manage secure access to multiple services using the same card,” says ST’s Laurent Degauque.
- NXP CEO: NFC secure elements will continue to see strong demand
- Vodafone Italia pilots smart shopping posters
- Pepsi tests NFC for shopper marketing
- Interest in mobile payments grows
- Zuckerberg: Facebook is working on payments but it will take time to get it right