STMicroelectronics has introduced the ST33G1M2, a secure microcontroller that can be used as an NFC secure element, either embedded into a mobile device or integrated into a SIM. “With its unique combination of support for NFC UICC and eSE applications and the entire Mifare portfolio, plus enhanced connectivity and large on-chip flash memory, this device dramatically extends opportunities for issuers to manage secure access to multiple services using the same card,” says ST’s Laurent Degauque.
- Tangerine tests facial recognition
- MasterCard partners with P97 to enable mobile payments and rewards at the pump
- Ingenico integrates Bitcoin mobile payments into POS terminals
- Seqr offers refer-a-friend rewards
- Samsung responds to LoopPay hack