NFC has been used by competitors in the interactive i-Love to Run event, held at Singapore's Jurong Point Shopping Mall, to retrieve picture clues and pick up game points. The 36 teams tapped their NFC phones to a game marshal's NFC card upon completion of each of six game stations to get their points. These were then uploaded to a server allowing the organiser to track each team's score in real-time.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR