NFC has been used by competitors in the interactive i-Love to Run event, held at Singapore’s Jurong Point Shopping Mall, to retrieve picture clues and pick up game points. The 36 teams tapped their NFC phones to a game marshal’s NFC card upon completion of each of six game stations to get their points. These were then uploaded to a server allowing the organiser to track each team’s score in real-time.
- Apple Pay targets US retail and transport expansion
- Pakistan bank offers mobile ATM cash withdrawals
- Samsung Pay set for 2017 UK launch
- Canadian bank replaces NFC SIM-based service with HCE
- Android Pay launches in Ireland