NFC has been used by competitors in the interactive i-Love to Run event, held at Singapore’s Jurong Point Shopping Mall, to retrieve picture clues and pick up game points. The 36 teams tapped their NFC phones to a game marshal’s NFC card upon completion of each of six game stations to get their points. These were then uploaded to a server allowing the organiser to track each team’s score in real-time.
- French banks begin HCE payments pilot
- Alibaba checks in simple hotel booking
- Apple Pay users report merchant POS problems
- New Zealand NFC wallet venture Semble goes live
- AMP Bank adds HCE payments to mobile app