NFC has been used by competitors in the interactive i-Love to Run event, held at Singapore’s Jurong Point Shopping Mall, to retrieve picture clues and pick up game points. The 36 teams tapped their NFC phones to a game marshal’s NFC card upon completion of each of six game stations to get their points. These were then uploaded to a server allowing the organiser to track each team’s score in real-time.
- Fashion mag drives 500,000 store visits with beacon campaign
- Wirecard launches HCE payments in four European countries
- Half of UK shoppers think wearable payments will be commonplace within five years
- One in five US consumers have used an EMV card
- Air New Zealand gives children NFC wristbands to track their journey