Startup Bluenio is raising funds on Kickstarter for a connected NFC card that links with the owner’s smartphone via Bluetooth 4.0 to enable a wide range of functions including two factor authentication, mobile keys and fitness tracking. The nio Card will come with 2GB of on-board storage, a USB rechargeable battery and a variety of sensors and will sound an alarm if the owner’s phone and card are separated.
- Mastercard planning to become a PSP in China
- PBOC working to regulate QR code mobile payments in China
- Scotiabank gives Apple Pay users 10% cashback
- PayPal to roll out NFC mobile payments across the US through Visa deal
- White paper advises banks on launching Android-based mobile payment services