Some 930m contactless smart cards will be shipped in 2013, an increase of 41% on 2012, Eurosmart has reported at Cartes 2013. The smart security industry trade body expects around 250m NFC secure elements to ship this year.
- Visa launches VDEP service to make it easier and cheaper for banks to offer mobile payments
- UK contactless transactions up nearly 50% in six months
- Bell ID analyses Android Pay
- Stora Enso and NXP to make intelligent packaging with NFC
- Braintree integrates Android Pay into v.zero SDK