US mobile network operator Sprint’s Pinsight Touch NFC platform is to include support for Ingersoll Rand’s aptiQmobile NFC access control service. The deal, says Ingersoll Rand, means that “Sprint subscribers in the future will be able to approach a door, tap the aptiQ access control reader and enter the door just like they do now with an ID card.”
- UK consumers eye up iris scanning for banking biometrics
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market