STMicroelectronics has introduced a range of ‘dynamic NFC tag memories’ — dual interface ICs designed for adding NFC functionality to utility meters, printers, cookers, washing machines, digital cameras and other consumer electronics and electrical devices. The new M24SR series is ideal for enabling Bluetooth pairing, says ST, or for resetting the clock on appliances after a power cut or a change in daylight saving hours.
- Deutsche Bank to launch NFC payments in Q3
- Gemalto named as leading mobile ticketing vendor
- MasterCard to reduce EMV checkout time
- Samsung Pay goes live at Woori Bank ATMs
- Australia’s ANZ adds support for Apple Pay