STMicroelectronics has introduced a range of ‘dynamic NFC tag memories’ — dual interface ICs designed for adding NFC functionality to utility meters, printers, cookers, washing machines, digital cameras and other consumer electronics and electrical devices. The new M24SR series is ideal for enabling Bluetooth pairing, says ST, or for resetting the clock on appliances after a power cut or a change in daylight saving hours.
- Malibu equips 40,000 bottles with NFC tags for UK pilot
- ANZ adds Mastercard support to Apple Pay
- Apple to offer iPhone with FeliCa NFC payments in Japan
- Google Wallet gets automatic transfers
- Coles backs Australian banks versus Apple