STMicroelectronics has introduced a range of ‘dynamic NFC tag memories’ — dual interface ICs designed for adding NFC functionality to utility meters, printers, cookers, washing machines, digital cameras and other consumer electronics and electrical devices. The new M24SR series is ideal for enabling Bluetooth pairing, says ST, or for resetting the clock on appliances after a power cut or a change in daylight saving hours.
- Cartamundi to develop flexible NFC tags
- 30% of US shoppers to use mobile payments this holiday season
- Drop offers beacon-based payments
- Square eyes global expansion
- Saatchi & Saatchi designs beacon loyalty rewards for Japan’s TenTen Technologies