Beer mats containing NFC tags are being used by Dutch online shopping platform MyOrder to promote and offer easy downloads of its smartphone app. The beer mats, supplied by NFC Support, are being used throughout the city of Leiden where NFC payments are currently being piloted. “The NFC beer mats are unique in the Netherlands,” says NFC Support owner Tristan de Haas.
- Samsung Pay enters beta testing
- One in four think UK will be cashless in 10 years
- Macau shops to get Alipay mobile payments upgrade
- Barclaycard offers 50% off bPay wearables
- Barclays to support Zapp ‘Pay by Bank app’ mobile payments