Beer mats containing NFC tags are being used by Dutch online shopping platform MyOrder to promote and offer easy downloads of its smartphone app. The beer mats, supplied by NFC Support, are being used throughout the city of Leiden where NFC payments are currently being piloted. "The NFC beer mats are unique in the Netherlands," says NFC Support owner Tristan de Haas.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR