Navigation specialist Garmin has produced an in-car cradle with an embedded tag that launches Garmin’s Navigon for Android app when an NFC phone is placed in it. The US$49.99 Universal Smartphone Mount is designed to be fixed to the windscreen or dash and includes a micro USB charger and extra USB port.
- NXP sues Marvell over Xbox NFC chips
- Cachet adds prepaid cards to Apple Pay
- Apple CEO says 2015 will be the “year of Apple Pay”
- USAT adds support for Apple Pay
- Starbucks increases mobile payments to 16% of total