Navigation specialist Garmin has produced an in-car cradle with an embedded tag that launches Garmin’s Navigon for Android app when an NFC phone is placed in it. The US$49.99 Universal Smartphone Mount is designed to be fixed to the windscreen or dash and includes a micro USB charger and extra USB port.
- Deutsche Bank to launch NFC payments in Q3
- Gemalto named as leading mobile ticketing vendor
- MasterCard to reduce EMV checkout time
- Samsung Pay goes live at Woori Bank ATMs
- Australia’s ANZ adds support for Apple Pay