Navigation specialist Garmin has produced an in-car cradle with an embedded tag that launches Garmin’s Navigon for Android app when an NFC phone is placed in it. The US$49.99 Universal Smartphone Mount is designed to be fixed to the windscreen or dash and includes a micro USB charger and extra USB port.
- MCX confirms it will launch CurrentC this summer in a “mid-sized market”
- Starwood guests unlock hotel rooms with Apple Watch app
- MCX member Best Buy to accept Apple Pay across the US
- Discover to add support for Apple Pay
- PayPal begins piloting NFC and records 40% growth in mobile payments