Microsoft’s new Xbox One entertainment system includes support for NFC functionality, via a Marvell Avastar 88W8897 combo chip that also incorporates Bluetooth 4.0 and WiFi, an iFixit teardown of the new console has revealed. Microsoft has not made any announcements regarding the Xbox One’s NFC capabilities and it is not yet clear how or if the computing giant plans to use the technology.
- Aramark and Tapingo take mobile payments to 25 US universities
- Chevron to offer NFC mobile payments at the pump
- Vein recognition market to grow 27% a year
- Moo launches range of NFC business cards
- DART to implement NFC fare payment system