Microsoft’s new Xbox One entertainment system includes support for NFC functionality, via a Marvell Avastar 88W8897 combo chip that also incorporates Bluetooth 4.0 and WiFi, an iFixit teardown of the new console has revealed. Microsoft has not made any announcements regarding the Xbox One’s NFC capabilities and it is not yet clear how or if the computing giant plans to use the technology.
- Visa launches VDEP service to make it easier and cheaper for banks to offer mobile payments
- UK contactless transactions up nearly 50% in six months
- Bell ID analyses Android Pay
- Stora Enso and NXP to make intelligent packaging with NFC
- Braintree integrates Android Pay into v.zero SDK