Microsoft’s new Xbox One entertainment system includes support for NFC functionality, via a Marvell Avastar 88W8897 combo chip that also incorporates Bluetooth 4.0 and WiFi, an iFixit teardown of the new console has revealed. Microsoft has not made any announcements regarding the Xbox One’s NFC capabilities and it is not yet clear how or if the computing giant plans to use the technology.
- NFC Forum updates specs with support for pairing at a distance
- Total Produce pushes fruit and veg with NFC in supermarkets
- GSMA reports on NFC adoption at MWC, SIM trends and HCE
- Thales shows off airline seat with NFC
- Rogers expands Suretap NFC wallet with support for prepaid and gift cards