Microsoft’s new Xbox One entertainment system includes support for NFC functionality, via a Marvell Avastar 88W8897 combo chip that also incorporates Bluetooth 4.0 and WiFi, an iFixit teardown of the new console has revealed. Microsoft has not made any announcements regarding the Xbox One’s NFC capabilities and it is not yet clear how or if the computing giant plans to use the technology.
- One in five US mobile phone users made a mobile payment in 2014
- NFC wristbands to help swimmers track performance
- TEB to roll out HCE payments in Turkey
- Jameson serves up 25,000 NFC stubby holders
- ANZ to add HCE payments to mobile banking app