Danish jewellery designer Shamballa Jewels is to add an NFC and QR-based anti-counterfeiting solution to all its products from next year. Product Alive was developed by NFC Danmark and enables consumers and businesses to check the authenticity of a product, as well as when and where it was bought, by scanning or tapping a tag attached to the item. “Between five and ten brands will adopt Product Alive by the end of this year,” says the company’s Søren Kragh.
- ING Direct allows donations with Android Pay
- Apple says NFC access “not open to negotiation with any bank”
- Xiaomi to launch Mi Pay on 1 September
- Malibu equips 40,000 bottles with NFC tags for UK pilot
- ANZ adds Mastercard support to Apple Pay