Danish jewellery designer Shamballa Jewels is to add an NFC and QR-based anti-counterfeiting solution to all its products from next year. Product Alive was developed by NFC Danmark and enables consumers and businesses to check the authenticity of a product, as well as when and where it was bought, by scanning or tapping a tag attached to the item. “Between five and ten brands will adopt Product Alive by the end of this year,” says the company’s Søren Kragh.
- Melbourne Cricket Club equips roving snack vendors with Bluetooth beacons
- Downtown uses Bluetooth beacons to deliver orders to customers’ tables
- JD Sports adds BLE beacons
- BBVA reports 250,000 mobile wallet users
- Vodafone to launch NFC payments in the UK this month