Danish jewellery designer Shamballa Jewels is to add an NFC and QR-based anti-counterfeiting solution to all its products from next year. Product Alive was developed by NFC Danmark and enables consumers and businesses to check the authenticity of a product, as well as when and where it was bought, by scanning or tapping a tag attached to the item. "Between five and ten brands will adopt Product Alive by the end of this year," says the company's Søren Kragh.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR