The US Department of Defense is considering using NFC for mobile device authentication, reports Federal News Radio. “We’ve worked with Google, Samsung, a number of different folks, and we’re working on an NSA assessment,” the Defense Manpower Data Center’s Michael Butler says. “It’s really pretty simple technically. It’s really making all the standards work and getting all the standards folks to agree with it that’s the hard part.”
- Turkish Airlines offers travel benefits via BLE
- Xbox to get mobile purchasing
- London Underground to accept NFC payments
- USI to supply iWatch chips?
- Apple and Swatch team on iWatch?