The US Department of Defense is considering using NFC for mobile device authentication, reports Federal News Radio. "We've worked with Google, Samsung, a number of different folks, and we're working on an NSA assessment," the Defense Manpower Data Center's Michael Butler says. "It's really pretty simple technically. It's really making all the standards work and getting all the standards folks to agree with it that's the hard part."
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR