NFC specialist Proxama has raised £8.6m (US$14.11m) by placing 344m shares on the London Stock Exchange. “These additional funds will enable us to address the considerable opportunities that are emerging as the fast growing mobile commerce, NFC smartphone and contactless payments markets reach critical mass globally,” says CEO Neil Garner.
- Paytm moves towards launching payments bank
- Australian digital payments to reach nearly A$1.9bn by 2020
- Contactless on the rise in the Netherlands
- A third of Europeans have made a mobile payment
- Proxama and Mapway launch BLE beacon service on London buses