A new hotel at London’s Gatwick airport is to allow visitors to use their NFC phones for room entry. Guests staying at the Bloc Gatwick hotel will also be able to use a mobile app to control room lighting, air conditioning and blinds.
- Alipay gains acceptance in US and Europe
- EMVCo and Fido to deliver biometric authentication standards for mobile payments
- Mastercard adds online Masterpass payments to Android Pay, Samsung Pay and Microsoft Wallet
- Blockchain authentication for mobile transactions
- Intel to put Visa payments technology into connected devices