Online retailer RapidNFC has begun offering NFC tags containing NXP’s NTAG213, an NFC chip with added security features, 144 bytes of user memory and a counter that stores how many times it has been read. The tag is available in both clear and white sticker format and can be purchased directly from RapidNFC’s website.
- TfL tests NFC for London Underground ticket payments
- SIMalliance reports 159% growth in NFC SIM shipments
- Bank develops NFC suit that lets customers pay by swiping a sleeve
- PayPal takes another look at NFC
- NFC Forum updates specs with support for pairing at a distance