Indian smartphone maker Karbonn Mobile has launched the Titanium X, an RS18,490 (US$300) NFC-enabled smartphone with 5-inch Full HD display as well as 13 megapixel rear and 5 megapixel front-facing cameras. The handset runs Android 4.2 Jelly Bean on a 1.5GHz quad-core processor with 1GB of RAM.
- Over 20m NFC devices now in use in Japan
- Bionym begins shipping wristband
- Amex commits $10m to EMV upgrades
- Twitter preps for Buy button launch
- Starbucks to offer mobile ordering and payments across US in 2015