Indian smartphone maker Karbonn Mobile has launched the Titanium X, an RS18,490 (US$300) NFC-enabled smartphone with 5-inch Full HD display as well as 13 megapixel rear and 5 megapixel front-facing cameras. The handset runs Android 4.2 Jelly Bean on a 1.5GHz quad-core processor with 1GB of RAM.
- HBC deploys iBeacons in Hudson’s Bay and Lord & Taylor department stores across the US and Canada
- NXP CEO: NFC secure elements will continue to see strong demand
- Vodafone Italia pilots smart shopping posters
- Pepsi tests NFC for shopper marketing
- Interest in mobile payments grows