Phone maker The Toughphone has launched an NFC-enabled rugged smartphone with a ‘push to talk’ application that allows voice communications to be made instantly over the network’s data connection, like a walkie talkie. The IP-67 certified Defender is powered by a 1GHz quad core processor and runs Android 4.2. The dual-SIM handset features an NXP PN544 NFC controller and also boasts an 8 megapixel rear camera, Bluetooth 3.0 and WiFi.
- MoboMoney takes sound-based mobile payments to India
- White paper lays out NFC solutions for in-home healthcare providers
- FitPay closes $3.1m round led by G&D
- Samsung looks into vein authentication
- APCA explores security code for digital wallets in Australia