Phone maker The Toughphone has launched an NFC-enabled rugged smartphone with a ‘push to talk’ application that allows voice communications to be made instantly over the network’s data connection, like a walkie talkie. The IP-67 certified Defender is powered by a 1GHz quad core processor and runs Android 4.2. The dual-SIM handset features an NXP PN544 NFC controller and also boasts an 8 megapixel rear camera, Bluetooth 3.0 and WiFi.
- Aramark and Tapingo take mobile payments to 25 US universities
- Chevron to offer NFC mobile payments at the pump
- Vein recognition market to grow 27% a year
- Moo launches range of NFC business cards
- DART to implement NFC fare payment system