Phone maker The Toughphone has launched an NFC-enabled rugged smartphone with a ‘push to talk’ application that allows voice communications to be made instantly over the network’s data connection, like a walkie talkie. The IP-67 certified Defender is powered by a 1GHz quad core processor and runs Android 4.2. The dual-SIM handset features an NXP PN544 NFC controller and also boasts an 8 megapixel rear camera, Bluetooth 3.0 and WiFi.
- Discover joins effort to speed up EMV checkout
- Amex bot notifies purchases through Facebook Messenger
- Walmart Pay arrives in 15 more states
- ABN Amro takes payments to WhatsApp
- EMV claims more than a third of global card-present payments