Phone maker The Toughphone has launched an NFC-enabled rugged smartphone with a ‘push to talk’ application that allows voice communications to be made instantly over the network’s data connection, like a walkie talkie. The IP-67 certified Defender is powered by a 1GHz quad core processor and runs Android 4.2. The dual-SIM handset features an NXP PN544 NFC controller and also boasts an 8 megapixel rear camera, Bluetooth 3.0 and WiFi.
- Graphene NFC antennas pave way for cheaper, stronger connected wearables
- Indian government working on Aadhaar mobile payments app
- Wirecard to integrate insurance into Boon
- Army cadets develop NFC medical bracelet
- Royal Mint to develop blockchain for gold trade