Phone maker The Toughphone has launched an NFC-enabled rugged smartphone with a ‘push to talk’ application that allows voice communications to be made instantly over the network’s data connection, like a walkie talkie. The IP-67 certified Defender is powered by a 1GHz quad core processor and runs Android 4.2. The dual-SIM handset features an NXP PN544 NFC controller and also boasts an 8 megapixel rear camera, Bluetooth 3.0 and WiFi.
- NFC Forum updates specs with support for pairing at a distance
- Total Produce pushes fruit and veg with NFC in supermarkets
- GSMA reports on NFC adoption at MWC, SIM trends and HCE
- Thales shows off airline seat with NFC
- Rogers expands Suretap NFC wallet with support for prepaid and gift cards