Phone maker The Toughphone has launched an NFC-enabled rugged smartphone with a ‘push to talk’ application that allows voice communications to be made instantly over the network’s data connection, like a walkie talkie. The IP-67 certified Defender is powered by a 1GHz quad core processor and runs Android 4.2. The dual-SIM handset features an NXP PN544 NFC controller and also boasts an 8 megapixel rear camera, Bluetooth 3.0 and WiFi.
- Nestle runs NFC marketing campaign in 480 Woolworth stores across Australia
- American Express tests HCE for NFC payments
- Hilton to let guests unlock their doors with smartphones
- HBC deploys iBeacons in Hudson’s Bay and Lord & Taylor department stores across the US and Canada
- NXP CEO: NFC secure elements will continue to see strong demand