Phone maker The Toughphone has launched an NFC-enabled rugged smartphone with a ‘push to talk’ application that allows voice communications to be made instantly over the network’s data connection, like a walkie talkie. The IP-67 certified Defender is powered by a 1GHz quad core processor and runs Android 4.2. The dual-SIM handset features an NXP PN544 NFC controller and also boasts an 8 megapixel rear camera, Bluetooth 3.0 and WiFi.
- ZTE launches smartphone with retina scanning for authentication
- Video shows Samsung Pay in action
- NXP tool helps developers access secure elements
- Carta makes HCE simple with hosted Cloud Suite payments platform
- Samsung Pay’s success in the US is not assured, says expert