Phone maker The Toughphone has launched an NFC-enabled rugged smartphone with a ‘push to talk’ application that allows voice communications to be made instantly over the network’s data connection, like a walkie talkie. The IP-67 certified Defender is powered by a 1GHz quad core processor and runs Android 4.2. The dual-SIM handset features an NXP PN544 NFC controller and also boasts an 8 megapixel rear camera, Bluetooth 3.0 and WiFi.
- Samsung adds biometrics to mobile transactions
- Kohl’s to allow checkouts from mobile app
- Glacéau Smartwater sends tips to Londoners using BLE beacons
- Contactless POS transactions nearing $500bn
- Valencia commuters to test NFC wristbands for public transport