Phone maker The Toughphone has launched an NFC-enabled rugged smartphone with a ‘push to talk’ application that allows voice communications to be made instantly over the network’s data connection, like a walkie talkie. The IP-67 certified Defender is powered by a 1GHz quad core processor and runs Android 4.2. The dual-SIM handset features an NXP PN544 NFC controller and also boasts an 8 megapixel rear camera, Bluetooth 3.0 and WiFi.
- One in five US mobile phone users made a mobile payment in 2014
- NFC wristbands to help swimmers track performance
- TEB to roll out HCE payments in Turkey
- Jameson serves up 25,000 NFC stubby holders
- ANZ to add HCE payments to mobile banking app