Phone maker The Toughphone has launched an NFC-enabled rugged smartphone with a ‘push to talk’ application that allows voice communications to be made instantly over the network’s data connection, like a walkie talkie. The IP-67 certified Defender is powered by a 1GHz quad core processor and runs Android 4.2. The dual-SIM handset features an NXP PN544 NFC controller and also boasts an 8 megapixel rear camera, Bluetooth 3.0 and WiFi.
- NFC Ring circles the globe
- JPMorgan Chase to support Android Pay
- Apple Pay bank list grows
- Samsung Pay hits 100m transactions in first year
- Transport for NSW seeks bright ideas