Phone maker The Toughphone has launched an NFC-enabled rugged smartphone with a ‘push to talk’ application that allows voice communications to be made instantly over the network’s data connection, like a walkie talkie. The IP-67 certified Defender is powered by a 1GHz quad core processor and runs Android 4.2. The dual-SIM handset features an NXP PN544 NFC controller and also boasts an 8 megapixel rear camera, Bluetooth 3.0 and WiFi.
- Discover to add support for Apple Pay
- PayPal begins piloting NFC and records 40% growth in mobile payments
- M-Pesa and MTN Mobile Money join up
- Starbucks processes 8m mobile payments every week
- Twitter invests in beacon marketer Swirl