Phone maker The Toughphone has launched an NFC-enabled rugged smartphone with a ‘push to talk’ application that allows voice communications to be made instantly over the network’s data connection, like a walkie talkie. The IP-67 certified Defender is powered by a 1GHz quad core processor and runs Android 4.2. The dual-SIM handset features an NXP PN544 NFC controller and also boasts an 8 megapixel rear camera, Bluetooth 3.0 and WiFi.
- 17% of French consumers make mobile payments
- Magyar Telekom launches NFC in Hungary
- Danish carriers abandon mobile payments ambitions
- Android Pay to use fingerprint security
- Swirl reports positive consumer feedback on in-store beacon offers