Phone maker The Toughphone has launched an NFC-enabled rugged smartphone with a ‘push to talk’ application that allows voice communications to be made instantly over the network’s data connection, like a walkie talkie. The IP-67 certified Defender is powered by a 1GHz quad core processor and runs Android 4.2. The dual-SIM handset features an NXP PN544 NFC controller and also boasts an 8 megapixel rear camera, Bluetooth 3.0 and WiFi.
- Absa takes banking to Twitter
- UOB to lift NFC mobile payment limit in Singapore
- Visa Europe records contactless growth across the continent
- Samsung to ease online payments with new app
- Apple Pay to expand rapidly in Asia and Europe