Phone maker The Toughphone has launched an NFC-enabled rugged smartphone with a ‘push to talk’ application that allows voice communications to be made instantly over the network’s data connection, like a walkie talkie. The IP-67 certified Defender is powered by a 1GHz quad core processor and runs Android 4.2. The dual-SIM handset features an NXP PN544 NFC controller and also boasts an 8 megapixel rear camera, Bluetooth 3.0 and WiFi.
- Apple Pay rewards program looms?
- Asia Pacific banks begin testing HCE mobile payments
- Marriott Hotels lets users check in with Apple Watch
- DS Tags launches electronic luggage label with NFC and Bluetooth
- StreetSmart offers QR code mobile donations