Phone maker The Toughphone has launched an NFC-enabled rugged smartphone with a ‘push to talk’ application that allows voice communications to be made instantly over the network’s data connection, like a walkie talkie. The IP-67 certified Defender is powered by a 1GHz quad core processor and runs Android 4.2. The dual-SIM handset features an NXP PN544 NFC controller and also boasts an 8 megapixel rear camera, Bluetooth 3.0 and WiFi.
- Join NFC World for a free workshop on tokenization
- One in four online transactions are now mobile
- Norwegian carriers pick Amdocs for mobile payments
- MassDOT tests mobile tickets
- Spanish airline lets customers tap to add contactless card to app