Phone maker The Toughphone has launched an NFC-enabled rugged smartphone with a ‘push to talk’ application that allows voice communications to be made instantly over the network’s data connection, like a walkie talkie. The IP-67 certified Defender is powered by a 1GHz quad core processor and runs Android 4.2. The dual-SIM handset features an NXP PN544 NFC controller and also boasts an 8 megapixel rear camera, Bluetooth 3.0 and WiFi.
- Half of UK shoppers think wearable payments will be commonplace within five years
- One in five US consumers have used an EMV card
- Air New Zealand gives children NFC wristbands to track their journey
- Tencent launches WeChat mobile wallet in South Africa
- Swatch confirms payment watch launch in US, Switzerland and Brazil