Phone maker The Toughphone has launched an NFC-enabled rugged smartphone with a ‘push to talk’ application that allows voice communications to be made instantly over the network’s data connection, like a walkie talkie. The IP-67 certified Defender is powered by a 1GHz quad core processor and runs Android 4.2. The dual-SIM handset features an NXP PN544 NFC controller and also boasts an 8 megapixel rear camera, Bluetooth 3.0 and WiFi.
- London markets could go contactless
- Amex cardholders use reward points for Best Buy purchases
- US IT decision makers unprepared for EMV
- New Google Glass ‘released soon’
- US shoppers make more mobile payments