Phone maker The Toughphone has launched an NFC-enabled rugged smartphone with a ‘push to talk’ application that allows voice communications to be made instantly over the network’s data connection, like a walkie talkie. The IP-67 certified Defender is powered by a 1GHz quad core processor and runs Android 4.2. The dual-SIM handset features an NXP PN544 NFC controller and also boasts an 8 megapixel rear camera, Bluetooth 3.0 and WiFi.
- TfL tests NFC for London Underground ticket payments
- SIMalliance reports 159% growth in NFC SIM shipments
- Bank develops NFC suit that lets customers pay by swiping a sleeve
- PayPal takes another look at NFC
- NFC Forum updates specs with support for pairing at a distance