Phone maker The Toughphone has launched an NFC-enabled rugged smartphone with a 'push to talk' application that allows voice communications to be made instantly over the network's data connection, like a walkie talkie. The IP-67 certified Defender is powered by a 1GHz quad core processor and runs Android 4.2. The dual-SIM handset features an NXP PN544 NFC controller and also boasts an 8 megapixel rear camera, Bluetooth 3.0 and WiFi.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR