NFC marketing specialist Thinaire has added support for Bluetooth LE to its mobile engagement management platform, enabling brands to communicate with consumers via either NFC or BLE — depending on the capabilities of their mobile device. The introduction of Thinaire Spaces “is based on marketers’ demand for both BLE and NFC to meet their emerging needs across retail, media, product and beyond,” says CMO Patrick Meyer.
- Amazon releases mobile wallet app for Android
- Westpac trials HCE mobile payments in New Zealand
- Consult Hyperion demos EMV mobile payments over BLE on an iPhone
- IBM partners with Monitise
- GSMA publishes NFC coupon and loyalty technical proposal