German payments technology provider Wirecard has added support for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to its mobile wallet platform. “With BLE, the Wirecard Mobile Wallet communicates directly with the point-of-sale system,” the company says. “This then enables it to also offer a wide range of services that add value for customers in the fields of loyalty, vouchers and personalised offers.”
- US Bank cardmembers among first to get Android Pay
- Android Pay to support offers and rewards
- USAT adds support for Android Pay
- Google unveils Android Pay
- Apple Pay rewards program looms?