German payments technology provider Wirecard has added support for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to its mobile wallet platform. “With BLE, the Wirecard Mobile Wallet communicates directly with the point-of-sale system,” the company says. “This then enables it to also offer a wide range of services that add value for customers in the fields of loyalty, vouchers and personalised offers.”
- One billion people make use of mobile banking
- LG to launch mobile payments service?
- Ultracash launches sound-based mobile payment service in Bangalore
- Calgary to get mobile ticketing app?
- Gemalto tackles card-not-present fraud with dynamic CVV codes