German payments technology provider Wirecard has added support for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to its mobile wallet platform. "With BLE, the Wirecard Mobile Wallet communicates directly with the point-of-sale system," the company says. "This then enables it to also offer a wide range of services that add value for customers in the fields of loyalty, vouchers and personalised offers."
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR