Canada’s CIBC bank has expanded availability of its CIBC Mobile Payment app to include owners of Samsung Galaxy S III, S4, Note II and HTC One Android NFC phones, enabling a wider range of customers to make NFC payments. The service was launched in November 2012 with support for Blackberry Bold 9900 and Curve 9360 NFC phones and expanded in October 2013 to include the Blackberry Z10.
- White paper advises banks on launching Android-based mobile payment services
- Mastercard takes majority stake in VocaLink
- Visa reports EMV uptake in the US
- Motorists rewarded for mobile payments at the pump
- More than half of Irish consumers now using contactless