OTI has received Visa certification for its Wave NFC add-on, a device that plugs into the audio jack of a smartphone, tablet or PC to enable NFC payments. Wave is already certified by MasterCard and is to be used for cross-border mobile payments by a group of banks in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.
- MasterCard collaborates on speeding up EMV checkout
- Samsung Pay to launch in Spain next week
- US startup raises funds for multipurpose smart wallet
- BLE beacons to deliver 1.6bn coupons a year by 2020
- Android Pay adds 47 banks