OTI has received Visa certification for its Wave NFC add-on, a device that plugs into the audio jack of a smartphone, tablet or PC to enable NFC payments. Wave is already certified by MasterCard and is to be used for cross-border mobile payments by a group of banks in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.
- 226bn transactions to be secured with biometrics by 2020
- House of Fraser adds AR to mobile app
- Fingerprint sensor shipments to reach 1bn units by 2020
- Miami Heat fans get mobile payments and ticketing
- Pinterest expands availability of Buyable Pins