OTI has received Visa certification for its Wave NFC add-on, a device that plugs into the audio jack of a smartphone, tablet or PC to enable NFC payments. Wave is already certified by MasterCard and is to be used for cross-border mobile payments by a group of banks in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.
- Apple Watch carries NFC components from NXP and AMS
- Tattoos confound Apple Watch wrist detection, making Apple Pay “unusable”
- 84% of banks and retailers plan to invest in mobile payment technology
- 92% of UK mobile users to make a mobile payment in 2015
- Chip and PIN faces slow take-up in US, says Forrester