US carrier Verizon has introduced a range of NFC cases for iPhone users, enabling Apple phone owners to make Isis NFC payments. The range includes Incipio Cashwrap cases for iPhone 4, 4S and iPhone 5, 5S and the iCaisse4x case with extended battery for iPhone 4 and 4s. A similar range was introduced by AT&T in January 2014.
- TfL tests NFC for London Underground ticket payments
- SIMalliance reports 159% growth in NFC SIM shipments
- Bank develops NFC suit that lets customers pay by swiping a sleeve
- PayPal takes another look at NFC
- NFC Forum updates specs with support for pairing at a distance