Nokia has introduced bright plastic tags that can be attached to a Lumia smartphone owner's keys, bag, wallet and other valuables and emit "a loud tone" when they become separated from the phone. Additionally, an app can pinpoint the last place up to four paired Treasure Tags were "seen" on a map. The 30mm by 30mm by 10mm tags cost US$29.90 each, have a six month battery life and can be paired with a smartphone via either NFC or Bluetooth LE.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR