Nokia has introduced bright plastic tags that can be attached to a Lumia smartphone owner’s keys, bag, wallet and other valuables and emit “a loud tone” when they become separated from the phone. Additionally, an app can pinpoint the last place up to four paired Treasure Tags were “seen” on a map. The 30mm by 30mm by 10mm tags cost US$29.90 each, have a six month battery life and can be paired with a smartphone via either NFC or Bluetooth LE.
- Half of UK shoppers think wearable payments will be commonplace within five years
- One in five US consumers have used an EMV card
- Air New Zealand gives children NFC wristbands to track their journey
- Tencent launches WeChat mobile wallet in South Africa
- Swatch confirms payment watch launch in US, Switzerland and Brazil