MasterCard has agreed to acquire NFC technology provider C-Sam. “C-Sam’s on-device application and back-end infrastructure will aid development efforts to enable consumers to use MasterPass both in-store and online across multiple communications technologies, including NFC, QR, barcodes and remote checkout,” says MasterCard. C-Sam’s NFC customers include DNP, Eftpos Australia, Isis, Starhub and TrustNordics.
- Android Pay launches in Ireland
- E-wallet added to Carrefour Romania app
- MacBook Pro Touch Bar has NFC controller
- Indian payments app ties up 15 mobile wallets
- Alipay expands across Europe after deals with major banks and payment providers