MasterCard has agreed to acquire NFC technology provider C-Sam. "C-Sam's on-device application and back-end infrastructure will aid development efforts to enable consumers to use MasterPass both in-store and online across multiple communications technologies, including NFC, QR, barcodes and remote checkout," says MasterCard. C-Sam's NFC customers include DNP, Eftpos Australia, Isis, Starhub and TrustNordics.
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR
- Alior Bank offers NFC in Poland