MasterCard has agreed to acquire NFC technology provider C-Sam. “C-Sam’s on-device application and back-end infrastructure will aid development efforts to enable consumers to use MasterPass both in-store and online across multiple communications technologies, including NFC, QR, barcodes and remote checkout,” says MasterCard. C-Sam’s NFC customers include DNP, Eftpos Australia, Isis, Starhub and TrustNordics.
- SimplyTapp releases new HCE SDK
- iPhone 6 teardown shows NFC chips from NXP — and AMS
- UL white paper explains Apple Pay
- Apple joins NFC secure element standards body
- Panasonic takes NFC to the air