MasterCard has agreed to acquire NFC technology provider C-Sam. “C-Sam’s on-device application and back-end infrastructure will aid development efforts to enable consumers to use MasterPass both in-store and online across multiple communications technologies, including NFC, QR, barcodes and remote checkout,” says MasterCard. C-Sam’s NFC customers include DNP, Eftpos Australia, Isis, Starhub and TrustNordics.
- Turkish Airlines offers travel benefits via BLE
- Xbox to get mobile purchasing
- London Underground to accept NFC payments
- USI to supply iWatch chips?
- Apple and Swatch team on iWatch?