Taiwan Mobile has introduced an NFC bracelet that can be used to assist the elderly, and in particular those suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, should they get lost. When someone comes across a lost person wearing one of the smart wristbands, they simply touch the bracelet to their smartphone to send an alert containing the ID of the bracelet and their GPS location to a pre-set list of family, friends and relevant authorities.
- Apple Pay targets US retail and transport expansion
- Pakistan bank offers mobile ATM cash withdrawals
- Samsung Pay set for 2017 UK launch
- Canadian bank replaces NFC SIM-based service with HCE
- Android Pay launches in Ireland