NXP has teamed up with Microsoft, Lenovo and Identive to run an NFC Windows Application Contest. Cash prizes totalling US$22,500 are on offer, plus NFC development kits and US$100 Amazon vouchers. The free-to-enter competition is a “unique opportunity to learn about NFC on Windows 8 and 8.1, propose application ideas and receive everything needed to prototype it,” says NXP.
- Venmo enables in-app payments
- South Africans to get biometric authentication for card payments
- Apple Pay accounts for 75% of all contactless payments in the US
- Australian banks seek stronger negotiating powers with third party mobile wallet providers
- Americans expect cashless society in their lifetime