Accenture has introduced a mobile wallet platform that supports payments in stores via both NFC and QR as well as peer-to-peer payments, transport, loyalty and gift cards. The platform can also automatically suggest which of a range of offers should be presented to a particular customer when they enter the perimeter of a geo-fenced store or move within range of a Bluetooth LE beacon.
- HBC deploys iBeacons in Hudson’s Bay and Lord & Taylor department stores across the US and Canada
- NXP CEO: NFC secure elements will continue to see strong demand
- Vodafone Italia pilots smart shopping posters
- Pepsi tests NFC for shopper marketing
- Interest in mobile payments grows