Sony and Gemalto are working together to add Sony FeliCa and NFC functionality to Gemalto microSD cards. “Incorporating a contactless IC and an antenna, Gemalto’s FeliCa/NFC equipped microSD cards will enable access to contactless card services simply by being inserted into mobile handsets and smartphones, including non-NFC handsets,” says Sony.
- Paym reports 89% increase in use in second half of 2015
- Apple’s Error 53 shuts down handsets with Touch ID repairs
- 3bn loyalty cards will move to mobile by 2020
- FitPay launches Kickstarter campaign to bring NFC smartstrap to market
- Cash by Optus adds contactless bands and stickers to reach beyond Android owners