Sony and Gemalto are working together to add Sony FeliCa and NFC functionality to Gemalto microSD cards. “Incorporating a contactless IC and an antenna, Gemalto’s FeliCa/NFC equipped microSD cards will enable access to contactless card services simply by being inserted into mobile handsets and smartphones, including non-NFC handsets,” says Sony.
- 226bn transactions to be secured with biometrics by 2020
- House of Fraser adds AR to mobile app
- Fingerprint sensor shipments to reach 1bn units by 2020
- Miami Heat fans get mobile payments and ticketing
- Pinterest expands availability of Buyable Pins