Sony and Gemalto are working together to add Sony FeliCa and NFC functionality to Gemalto microSD cards. “Incorporating a contactless IC and an antenna, Gemalto’s FeliCa/NFC equipped microSD cards will enable access to contactless card services simply by being inserted into mobile handsets and smartphones, including non-NFC handsets,” says Sony.
- Festival uses BLE to gain insights into attendee activity
- Target launches image recognition app
- Amazon releases mobile wallet app for Android
- Westpac trials HCE mobile payments in New Zealand
- Consult Hyperion demos EMV mobile payments over BLE on an iPhone