HTC’s Desire 816, a mid-range Android smartphone unveiled at MWC 2014, is set to come in both NFC and non-NFC versions. “It’s listed as an optional feature in the official spec sheet, so it will likely vary carrier by carrier, country by country,” HTC told NFC World.
- Descartes offers ear verification for mobile devices
- Taiwanese banks to use Wave NFC dongle
- Android devices get multifactor biometrics
- Ringly raises US$5.1m for light-up rings
- Cancer Research brings contactless donations to shop windows