Alpha Bank and Vodafone have partnered with Visa and First Data to conduct the first NFC payments pilot in Greece. The service is being tested with a select group of consumers using Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 and Samsung Galaxy SIII devices containing a Vodafone SIM that stores their Alpha Bank Enter Visa debit card.
- iOS 8.1 brings Apple Pay NFC payments to iPhone
- Over 20m NFC devices now in use in Japan
- Bionym begins shipping wristband
- Amex commits $10m to EMV upgrades
- Twitter preps for Buy button launch