NXP is demonstrating two reference designs that combine Qi wireless charging and NFC functionality at MWC 14. “The next generation of Qi wireless charging pads with NFC will enable users to stream music to their Bluetooth speakers and deliver useful content to their mobile devices as they are charging — all the while economizing on overall power consumption,” says NXP’s Rick Dumont.
- London markets could go contactless
- Amex cardholders use reward points for Best Buy purchases
- US IT decision makers unprepared for EMV
- New Google Glass ‘released soon’
- US shoppers make more mobile payments