NXP is demonstrating two reference designs that combine Qi wireless charging and NFC functionality at MWC 14. “The next generation of Qi wireless charging pads with NFC will enable users to stream music to their Bluetooth speakers and deliver useful content to their mobile devices as they are charging — all the while economizing on overall power consumption,” says NXP’s Rick Dumont.
- Canadian credit unions go live with Mobile Pay
- NAB uses HCE for instant card replacement
- Nordic banks sign up to HCE mobile payments with Nets
- NXP adds more powerful NFC controller and developer kits
- Starwood expands keyless entry to hotels worldwide