Samsung Electronics has unveiled a third generation of its NFC controller offering at Mobile World Congress. The new chip is the first NFC controller to use the company’s 45nm embedded flash technology, designed to enable easy firmware updates and low power consumption. The solution is now being sampled and will enter mass production in the second quarter of 2014.
- Melbourne Cricket Club equips roving snack vendors with Bluetooth beacons
- Downtown uses Bluetooth beacons to deliver orders to customers’ tables
- JD Sports adds BLE beacons
- BBVA reports 250,000 mobile wallet users
- Vodafone to launch NFC payments in the UK this month