Kenyan carrier Safaricom is to add NFC payment capabilities to its flagship M-Pesa mobile money service, according to Techmoran.”Still undergoing the tendering process, the NFC SIM cards are expected to be rolled out to its subscribers for mobile contactless payments and transactions making Safaricom the first mobile operator in the region to mass deploy SIM-based NFC for contactless transactions,” the report says.
- Cash by Optus adds contactless bands and stickers to reach beyond Android owners
- Super Bowl fans explore Bay Area with BLE beacons
- Kazakhstan gets HCE payments
- Mobile banking service Pocopay goes live in Europe
- Apple Pay adds 32 banks in the US