Bus stops in a number of New York City metro areas have been equipped with Thinaire’s Tapp Store solution, enabling consumers to download Android mobile games via NFC, QR or SMS. “By thinking outside the box, we are turning media spaces into virtual marketplaces and delivering free game apps directly to the consumer at a time of receptivity, interest and perceived need,” says Jacob Katsof, director of mobile apps at Thinaire partner PCS Wireless.
- Verizon aims to replace usernames and passwords with QR codes
- Mapco adds mobile payments at the pump
- CaixaBank invests in contactless ATMs
- Evidence builds for NFC in iPhone 6
- Smart Card Alliance offers HCE paper