European mobile point of sale specialist Payleven is to introduce a chip and pin reader that supports NFC and contactless card transactions during the second half of 2014. The device “will be offered for a much lower price than other NFC card readers currently on the market and will significantly broaden the potential for smaller businesses in the UK to accept NFC card payments,” the company says.
- Melbourne Cricket Club equips roving snack vendors with Bluetooth beacons
- Downtown uses Bluetooth beacons to deliver orders to customers’ tables
- JD Sports adds BLE beacons
- BBVA reports 250,000 mobile wallet users
- Vodafone to launch NFC payments in the UK this month