European mobile point of sale specialist Payleven is to introduce a chip and pin reader that supports NFC and contactless card transactions during the second half of 2014. The device “will be offered for a much lower price than other NFC card readers currently on the market and will significantly broaden the potential for smaller businesses in the UK to accept NFC card payments,” the company says.
- London markets could go contactless
- Amex cardholders use reward points for Best Buy purchases
- US IT decision makers unprepared for EMV
- New Google Glass ‘released soon’
- US shoppers make more mobile payments