European mobile point of sale specialist Payleven is to introduce a chip and pin reader that supports NFC and contactless card transactions during the second half of 2014. The device “will be offered for a much lower price than other NFC card readers currently on the market and will significantly broaden the potential for smaller businesses in the UK to accept NFC card payments,” the company says.
- Malibu equips 40,000 bottles with NFC tags for UK pilot
- ANZ adds Mastercard support to Apple Pay
- Apple to offer iPhone with FeliCa NFC payments in Japan
- Google Wallet gets automatic transfers
- Coles backs Australian banks versus Apple