European mobile point of sale specialist Payleven is to introduce a chip and pin reader that supports NFC and contactless card transactions during the second half of 2014. The device “will be offered for a much lower price than other NFC card readers currently on the market and will significantly broaden the potential for smaller businesses in the UK to accept NFC card payments,” the company says.
- Fingerprint sensor market to grow at 17% CAGR
- McDonald’s to pilot mobile order and pay in China
- Lloyds Bank authenticates customers with contactless ‘tap to bank’ service
- Europeans make more than 1bn Visa contactless transactions in 12 months
- Apple Pay UK launch set for July 14?