French public transportation operator RATP is adding NFC tags to all of its bus stops across Paris, enabling travellers to tap their NFC phone to get information about departure and arrival times. “This new technology has a lot more potential,” RATP told NFC World. “Thanks to it, our customers will have access to more information on their smartphone. No need for a specific app, any smartphone [that is] NFC compatible will be able to read the NFC tags.”
- Fingerprint sensor market to grow at 17% CAGR
- McDonald’s to pilot mobile order and pay in China
- Lloyds Bank authenticates customers with contactless ‘tap to bank’ service
- Europeans make more than 1bn Visa contactless transactions in 12 months
- Apple Pay UK launch set for July 14?