French public transportation operator RATP is adding NFC tags to all of its bus stops across Paris, enabling travellers to tap their NFC phone to get information about departure and arrival times. “This new technology has a lot more potential,” RATP told NFC World. “Thanks to it, our customers will have access to more information on their smartphone. No need for a specific app, any smartphone [that is] NFC compatible will be able to read the NFC tags.”
- Zuckerberg: Facebook is working on payments but it will take time to get it right
- Starbucks now processes six million mobile payments a week
- Hillshire sells more sausages with BLE beacons
- Amazon to enter mPOS market?
- Motherboard leak fuels iPhone NFC rumours