French public transportation operator RATP is adding NFC tags to all of its bus stops across Paris, enabling travellers to tap their NFC phone to get information about departure and arrival times. “This new technology has a lot more potential,” RATP told NFC World. “Thanks to it, our customers will have access to more information on their smartphone. No need for a specific app, any smartphone [that is] NFC compatible will be able to read the NFC tags.”
- Optus expands NFC payments to prepaid customers
- ICICI Bank launches mVisa mobile payments
- Barclays to support Apple Pay from early 2016?
- Starbucks, KFC and Chili’s to support Apple Pay
- Tangerine tests facial recognition