Vodafone is adding NFC to Barcelona’s public bicycle rental service, enabling consumers to pay for hire and unlock bicycles from a station using their Vodafone Wallet. Bicing, which has 420 stations across the city and close to 100,000 subscribers, is also working with Vodafone to “enrich” the Bicing app by enabling users to track the distance they travel, average speed and carbon dioxide emissions saved.
- Zuckerberg: Facebook is working on payments but it will take time to get it right
- Starbucks now processes six million mobile payments a week
- Hillshire sells more sausages with BLE beacons
- Amazon to enter mPOS market?
- Motherboard leak fuels iPhone NFC rumours