Vodafone is adding NFC to Barcelona’s public bicycle rental service, enabling consumers to pay for hire and unlock bicycles from a station using their Vodafone Wallet. Bicing, which has 420 stations across the city and close to 100,000 subscribers, is also working with Vodafone to “enrich” the Bicing app by enabling users to track the distance they travel, average speed and carbon dioxide emissions saved.
- Uber runs NFC marketing campaign in London pubs and clubs
- Transcript: eBay CEO John Donahoe discusses the future of PayPal as an independent company
- NFC technology report available for free download
- iPad to get Apple Pay support?
- eBay to spin off PayPal as a separate company in 2015