Vodafone is adding NFC to Barcelona’s public bicycle rental service, enabling consumers to pay for hire and unlock bicycles from a station using their Vodafone Wallet. Bicing, which has 420 stations across the city and close to 100,000 subscribers, is also working with Vodafone to “enrich” the Bicing app by enabling users to track the distance they travel, average speed and carbon dioxide emissions saved.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway