A visitor information service that combines ebooks and mobile apps with NFC and QR codes placed at tourist attractions is to be expanded across the Philippines. The Digital Tourism project, developed by new media startup InnoPub Media and carrier Smart Communications, was piloted in the city of Cebu and is now going live in Iloilo, Baguio City and “other areas of the country”.
- Stripe gets access to Visa Token Service through strategic partnership
- Tech firms do “better job” than banks, say 24% of young Brits
- Smart Ticketing Alliance and GlobalPlatform sign MOU
- 42% of US iPhone 6 owners use Apple Pay in May and June
- Jobseekers offered head start on new vacancies with a tap of NFC phone