A visitor information service that combines ebooks and mobile apps with NFC and QR codes placed at tourist attractions is to be expanded across the Philippines. The Digital Tourism project, developed by new media startup InnoPub Media and carrier Smart Communications, was piloted in the city of Cebu and is now going live in Iloilo, Baguio City and “other areas of the country”.
- Visa launches VDEP service to make it easier and cheaper for banks to offer mobile payments
- UK contactless transactions up nearly 50% in six months
- Bell ID analyses Android Pay
- Stora Enso and NXP to make intelligent packaging with NFC
- Braintree integrates Android Pay into v.zero SDK