A visitor information service that combines ebooks and mobile apps with NFC and QR codes placed at tourist attractions is to be expanded across the Philippines. The Digital Tourism project, developed by new media startup InnoPub Media and carrier Smart Communications, was piloted in the city of Cebu and is now going live in Iloilo, Baguio City and “other areas of the country”.
- Absa takes banking to Twitter
- UOB to lift NFC mobile payment limit in Singapore
- Visa Europe records contactless growth across the continent
- Samsung to ease online payments with new app
- Apple Pay to expand rapidly in Asia and Europe