A visitor information service that combines ebooks and mobile apps with NFC and QR codes placed at tourist attractions is to be expanded across the Philippines. The Digital Tourism project, developed by new media startup InnoPub Media and carrier Smart Communications, was piloted in the city of Cebu and is now going live in Iloilo, Baguio City and “other areas of the country”.
- Descartes offers ear verification for mobile devices
- Taiwanese banks to use Wave NFC dongle
- Android devices get multifactor biometrics
- Ringly raises US$5.1m for light-up rings
- Cancer Research brings contactless donations to shop windows