A visitor information service that combines ebooks and mobile apps with NFC and QR codes placed at tourist attractions is to be expanded across the Philippines. The Digital Tourism project, developed by new media startup InnoPub Media and carrier Smart Communications, was piloted in the city of Cebu and is now going live in Iloilo, Baguio City and “other areas of the country”.
- Harris+Hoole reports 200,000 mobile payments
- Dunkin’ Mobile gets 10m downloads
- CUP to launch Android Pay in China
- Norwich buses get Bluetooth beacons that deliver offers to passengers on the move
- Ugo launches open NFC payments and rewards wallet in Canada