An NFC payments service using host card emulation (HCE) is being tested in-house by Australian transactional banking services provider Cuscal. The company aims to make the solution commercially available mid 2014, as either a client-branded mobile app or via an API, enabling its clients’ customers to use their mobile phones to make payments at any Visa payWave contactless terminal.
- Visa launches VDEP service to make it easier and cheaper for banks to offer mobile payments
- UK contactless transactions up nearly 50% in six months
- Bell ID analyses Android Pay
- Stora Enso and NXP to make intelligent packaging with NFC
- Braintree integrates Android Pay into v.zero SDK