An NFC payments service using host card emulation (HCE) is being tested in-house by Australian transactional banking services provider Cuscal. The company aims to make the solution commercially available mid 2014, as either a client-branded mobile app or via an API, enabling its clients’ customers to use their mobile phones to make payments at any Visa payWave contactless terminal.
- German carriers and retailers promote NFC mobile payments in Berlin
- Jawbone adds NFC payments to fitness trackers with AmEx
- Half of digital tickets will be bought on mobile by 2019
- Jawbone to add NFC payments?
- Kairos mechanical smartwatches get NFC payments