Mobile network operator Vodafone‘s NFC-based mobile wallet and prepaid SmartPass account is now available in the Netherlands. The launch follows introductions in Spain in November 2013 and in Germany earlier this month. The service is also due to be launched in the UK “later this year.”
- Zuckerberg: Facebook is working on payments but it will take time to get it right
- Starbucks now processes six million mobile payments a week
- Hillshire sells more sausages with BLE beacons
- Amazon to enter mPOS market?
- Motherboard leak fuels iPhone NFC rumours