Twentieth Century Fox is to use Bluetooth beacons to promote the new X-Men: Days of Future Past movie to cinema-goers in Japan. The campaign makes use of Access Beacon Framework (ABF), a location-aware content distribution system that combines Bluetooth Low Energy beacons, smartphone apps and a cloud-based platform to push the promotion to iOS users.
- Microsoft adds Windows Hello to new devices
- Verizon agrees to support Samsung Pay
- JCB to pilot palm vein payments in Japan
- Aramark and Tapingo take mobile payments to 25 US universities
- Chevron to offer NFC mobile payments at the pump