Customers of Singapore’s OCBC Bank can now send up to S$100 a day to any of their Facebook friends from their phone, using a new Pay Anyone feature in the bank’s mobile app. Recipients are notified of a payment via a post on their Facebook wall and must enter a six-digit code given to them by the sender to receive the money. Pay Anyone can also be used to transfer funds to anyone in a customer’s email or phone contacts list.
- Motorola secures Android and Apple devices with smart keyfob
- United Airlines to let passengers pay for airport food and drinks using award miles
- 65% of Canadians plan to make mobile payments
- Google Wallet adds refer-a-friend program
- White paper quantifies consumer attitudes to wearable payments