The use of mobile point-of-sale solutions by small businesses in Europe will take off dramatically in 2014, according to a survey of 2,000 SMEs commissioned by Visa Europe. The number of merchants in five European nations signing up for chip and PIN-based mPOS increased by more than 60% in the last quarter of 2013. “Small businesses have been traditionally reluctant to embrace card payments but across Europe that is changing,” says Caroline Drolet, head of mobile point-of-sale at Visa Europe. “mPOS is the catalyst for that.”
- Uber runs NFC marketing campaign in London pubs and clubs
- Transcript: eBay CEO John Donahoe discusses the future of PayPal as an independent company
- NFC technology report available for free download
- iPad to get Apple Pay support?
- eBay to spin off PayPal as a separate company in 2015