The use of mobile point-of-sale solutions by small businesses in Europe will take off dramatically in 2014, according to a survey of 2,000 SMEs commissioned by Visa Europe. The number of merchants in five European nations signing up for chip and PIN-based mPOS increased by more than 60% in the last quarter of 2013. “Small businesses have been traditionally reluctant to embrace card payments but across Europe that is changing,” says Caroline Drolet, head of mobile point-of-sale at Visa Europe. “mPOS is the catalyst for that.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway