The use of mobile point-of-sale solutions by small businesses in Europe will take off dramatically in 2014, according to a survey of 2,000 SMEs commissioned by Visa Europe. The number of merchants in five European nations signing up for chip and PIN-based mPOS increased by more than 60% in the last quarter of 2013. “Small businesses have been traditionally reluctant to embrace card payments but across Europe that is changing,” says Caroline Drolet, head of mobile point-of-sale at Visa Europe. “mPOS is the catalyst for that.”
- Swatch partners with Visa to roll out NFC payment watch in US and Switzerland
- Diners Club launches mobile payments in Ecuador
- BBVA Bancomer deploys time-based dynamic CCV/CVC in mobile wallet
- Samsung Pay offers $100 discount to new users
- Apple Pay signs deal with China UnionPay?