The number of installed mobile point-of-sale devices is set to grow fivefold to reach 51m by 2019, or 46% of the overall POS market, ABI Research says. Small, medium and large retailers are all looking to incorporate the technology. “Both traditional POS and mPOS can grow together in tandem,” says analyst Phil Sealy, “co-existing and expanding the presence of digital payment acceptance.”
- Swatch partners with Visa to roll out NFC payment watch in US and Switzerland
- Diners Club launches mobile payments in Ecuador
- BBVA Bancomer deploys time-based dynamic CCV/CVC in mobile wallet
- Samsung Pay offers $100 discount to new users
- Apple Pay signs deal with China UnionPay?