PayPal Beacon, a mobile payment service that uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons to let shoppers make “hands free” payments, is now undergoing pilot testing in Palo Alto. “We’re trying to make the payments disappear for people who want them to disappear,” Hill Ferguson, PayPal’s chief product officer, told Bloomberg TV. PayPal Beacon is also being pilot tested in Australia, ahead of a wider rollout planned for later this year.
- Carrefour uses LED lighting to send offers to shoppers in stores
- Apple Store purchases get two-step authentication
- Mobile payment market worth $2.8bn by 2020
- India’s ICICI Bank launches voice recognition service
- PayPal adds Touch ID to iOS app