PayPal Beacon, a mobile payment service that uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons to let shoppers make “hands free” payments, is now undergoing pilot testing in Palo Alto. “We’re trying to make the payments disappear for people who want them to disappear,” Hill Ferguson, PayPal’s chief product officer, told Bloomberg TV. PayPal Beacon is also being pilot tested in Australia, ahead of a wider rollout planned for later this year.
- One billion people make use of mobile banking
- LG to launch mobile payments service?
- Ultracash launches sound-based mobile payment service in Bangalore
- Calgary to get mobile ticketing app?
- Gemalto tackles card-not-present fraud with dynamic CVV codes