PayPal Beacon, a mobile payment service that uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons to let shoppers make “hands free” payments, is now undergoing pilot testing in Palo Alto. “We’re trying to make the payments disappear for people who want them to disappear,” Hill Ferguson, PayPal’s chief product officer, told Bloomberg TV. PayPal Beacon is also being pilot tested in Australia, ahead of a wider rollout planned for later this year.
- Indian employees make NFC payments using everyday objects
- Two in three young Brits have made a mobile payment in-store
- Japanese bank eyes facial recognition
- IHG to accept Alipay in hotels worldwide
- NFC Ring circles the globe