PayPal Beacon, a mobile payment service that uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons to let shoppers make “hands free” payments, is now undergoing pilot testing in Palo Alto. “We’re trying to make the payments disappear for people who want them to disappear,” Hill Ferguson, PayPal’s chief product officer, told Bloomberg TV. PayPal Beacon is also being pilot tested in Australia, ahead of a wider rollout planned for later this year.
- Cash by Optus adds contactless bands and stickers to reach beyond Android owners
- Super Bowl fans explore Bay Area with BLE beacons
- Kazakhstan gets HCE payments
- Mobile banking service Pocopay goes live in Europe
- Apple Pay adds 32 banks in the US