PayPal Beacon, a mobile payment service that uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons to let shoppers make “hands free” payments, is now undergoing pilot testing in Palo Alto. “We’re trying to make the payments disappear for people who want them to disappear,” Hill Ferguson, PayPal’s chief product officer, told Bloomberg TV. PayPal Beacon is also being pilot tested in Australia, ahead of a wider rollout planned for later this year.
- Chip makers AMS and ST team up for wearable NFC payments
- Google ‘to release Android Pay API in May’
- Chase discusses Apple Pay and its own mobile wallet plans
- Neiman Marcus rolls out QR payments
- MasterCard reports on HCE payments tests in 15 countries