An NFC-based solution to the growing threat of counterfeit wine sold worldwide has been launched by embedded mobile security firm Inside Secure and object identification specialist Selinko. The CapSeal system, using an embedded NFC tag and mobile app platform, allows consumers and traders to see whether a bottle has already been opened. Analysts say some 20% of wine sold worldwide is counterfeit, and up to 50% in some Asian countries, especially for high-end French wines.
- 25% of world’s population to use mobile banking in four years
- Brits want black cab contactless payments
- GlobalPlatform discovery specification eases NFC roaming
- Nokia sells Here to Audi, BMW and Daimler
- Vodafone customers top up with PowaTag