An NFC-based solution to the growing threat of counterfeit wine sold worldwide has been launched by embedded mobile security firm Inside Secure and object identification specialist Selinko. The CapSeal system, using an embedded NFC tag and mobile app platform, allows consumers and traders to see whether a bottle has already been opened. Analysts say some 20% of wine sold worldwide is counterfeit, and up to 50% in some Asian countries, especially for high-end French wines.
- Alipay adds fingerprint security
- Samsung and PayPal to offer smartwatch payments
- NFC Forum expands certification program
- SimplyTapp releases new HCE SDK
- iPhone 6 teardown shows NFC chips from NXP — and AMS