An NFC-based solution to the growing threat of counterfeit wine sold worldwide has been launched by embedded mobile security firm Inside Secure and object identification specialist Selinko. The CapSeal system, using an embedded NFC tag and mobile app platform, allows consumers and traders to see whether a bottle has already been opened. Analysts say some 20% of wine sold worldwide is counterfeit, and up to 50% in some Asian countries, especially for high-end French wines.
- BNP Paribas tests NFC screen shopping
- Three launches NFC mobile payments in Austria
- Swipp contactless payment opens up to 30,000 Danish merchants through Verifone deal
- United Overseas Bank offers HCE mobile payments in Singapore
- Smartwatches to play key role in mobile banking