Upmarket UK department store chain John Lewis has chosen iBeacon, smart label and in-store digital engagement start-up firms to join JLAB, its first technology business incubator. Localz, Tap2Connect and Viewsy are among five finalists to be supported with cash and office space, which John Lewis says have the potential to “shape the shopping experience of the future”.
- London markets could go contactless
- Amex cardholders use reward points for Best Buy purchases
- US IT decision makers unprepared for EMV
- New Google Glass ‘released soon’
- US shoppers make more mobile payments