The IEEE is using Bluetooth beacons to guide visitors around the International Microwave Symposium being held this week in Tampa, Florida. Attendees running the show’s mobile apps for Android and iOS will be able to guide themselves through the RF and microwave historical exhibit and the Bluetooth Low Energy beacons will trigger descriptions of the artifacts being viewed.
- US banks get on board for mobile at the ATM
- G&D gets Amex accreditation for HCE payments solution
- Apple Pay awareness, adoption and usage drops in the US
- PayPal partners with Vodafone for NFC payments in Europe
- Samsung Pay to make UK and Spain debut “very soon”