The IEEE is using Bluetooth beacons to guide visitors around the International Microwave Symposium being held this week in Tampa, Florida. Attendees running the show’s mobile apps for Android and iOS will be able to guide themselves through the RF and microwave historical exhibit and the Bluetooth Low Energy beacons will trigger descriptions of the artifacts being viewed.
- HBC deploys iBeacons in Hudson’s Bay and Lord & Taylor department stores across the US and Canada
- NXP CEO: NFC secure elements will continue to see strong demand
- Vodafone Italia pilots smart shopping posters
- Pepsi tests NFC for shopper marketing
- Interest in mobile payments grows