US mPOS provider CardFlight is to make use of Apple’s new Touch ID API to provide an extra level of security to merchants using its SwipeSimple service with an Apple iPhone. “Merchants will have the option to log in to their mobile payment application via scanning their fingerprint using Touch ID, rather than entering the traditional email address and password,” the company says.
- AMS chips will allow cars to be unlocked and started with NFC phones
- Carrefour uses LED lighting to send offers to shoppers in stores
- Apple Store purchases get two-step authentication
- Mobile payment market worth $2.8tn by 2020
- India’s ICICI Bank launches voice recognition service