US mPOS provider CardFlight is to make use of Apple’s new Touch ID API to provide an extra level of security to merchants using its SwipeSimple service with an Apple iPhone. “Merchants will have the option to log in to their mobile payment application via scanning their fingerprint using Touch ID, rather than entering the traditional email address and password,” the company says.
- Apple’s Error 53 shuts down handsets with Touch ID repairs
- 3bn loyalty cards will move to mobile by 2020
- FitPay launches Kickstarter campaign to bring NFC smartstrap to market
- Cash by Optus adds contactless bands and stickers to reach beyond Android owners
- Super Bowl fans explore Bay Area with BLE beacons