US mPOS provider CardFlight is to make use of Apple’s new Touch ID API to provide an extra level of security to merchants using its SwipeSimple service with an Apple iPhone. “Merchants will have the option to log in to their mobile payment application via scanning their fingerprint using Touch ID, rather than entering the traditional email address and password,” the company says.
- Discover to add support for Apple Pay
- PayPal begins piloting NFC and records 40% growth in mobile payments
- M-Pesa and MTN Mobile Money join up
- Starbucks processes 8m mobile payments every week
- Twitter invests in beacon marketer Swirl