US mPOS provider CardFlight is to make use of Apple’s new Touch ID API to provide an extra level of security to merchants using its SwipeSimple service with an Apple iPhone. “Merchants will have the option to log in to their mobile payment application via scanning their fingerprint using Touch ID, rather than entering the traditional email address and password,” the company says.
- Nestle runs NFC marketing campaign in 480 Woolworth stores across Australia
- American Express tests HCE for NFC payments
- Hilton to let guests unlock their doors with smartphones
- HBC deploys iBeacons in Hudson’s Bay and Lord & Taylor department stores across the US and Canada
- NXP CEO: NFC secure elements will continue to see strong demand