US mPOS provider CardFlight is to make use of Apple’s new Touch ID API to provide an extra level of security to merchants using its SwipeSimple service with an Apple iPhone. “Merchants will have the option to log in to their mobile payment application via scanning their fingerprint using Touch ID, rather than entering the traditional email address and password,” the company says.
- Verizon aims to replace usernames and passwords with QR codes
- Mapco adds mobile payments at the pump
- CaixaBank invests in contactless ATMs
- Evidence builds for NFC in iPhone 6
- Smart Card Alliance offers HCE paper