Amazon is holding a launch event on 18 June for a new product, expected to be its first smartphone. Leaks suggest the new phone will run a customized, Kindle version of Android, include an innovative 3D display and support a range of gesture-based inputs. A teaser video released by Amazon appears to back up the rumours of a new type of display.
- Bank of England ponders own digital currency
- Fibank to launch HCE mobile payments
- LG smart watch to offer NFC payments
- Barclays to allow Twitter payments
- Morgan Stanley joins Apple Pay