Amazon is holding a launch event on 18 June for a new product, expected to be its first smartphone. Leaks suggest the new phone will run a customized, Kindle version of Android, include an innovative 3D display and support a range of gesture-based inputs. A teaser video released by Amazon appears to back up the rumours of a new type of display.
- SimplyTapp launches open source tokenization project
- Bookatable tests iBeacon at 119 restaurants
- Chicago to get NFC mobile ticketing in 2016
- Discover CEO outlines plan to join Apple Pay
- Researchers show off ‘skin buttons’ for smartwatches